Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Continuing Care Assistants
100 Blair Avenue, TATAMAGOUCHE, NS B0K 1V0
July 31,. 2023
Willow Lodge has a longstanding excellent reputation and encompasses the Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care which makes it a wonderful place to live and work. We are a 61-bed facility with dynamic Care Partners.
As team leaders, RN’s and LPNs are involved in all aspects of unit activities in the provision of nursing care to the resident. The RN and LPN actively participates in the nursing process to meet the specific needs of the residents as individuals ensuring current gerontological practice. The RN and LPN practices within the scope of the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as defined by the Nova Scotia College of Nurses (NSCN) and follows established facility policies and procedures while providing excellent care and coordinates resident care with other departments within Willow Lodge.
Continuing Care Assistant is responsible for providing direct and indirect Resident care under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or Director of Resident Care. The CCA works within his/her scope of practice and follows established facility policies and procedures while providing excellent care and coordinates resident care with other departments within Willow Lodge.
RN and LPN Qualifications, Knowledge, Education, and Skills:
• Graduate of an approved Nursing Program and current registration with NSCN, Current First Aid and CPR
• Demonstrate competence in assessments, clinical care, and care planning
• Demonstrate a caring and compassionate attitude toward residents, recognizing Willow Lodge as their home
• Demonstrate interest and ability in a leadership role
• Excellent communication skills along with ability to adapt and cope with change
• Demonstrate initiative in gerontology and self-growth in this field
• Physically and mentally able to perform job duties with minimum supervision
• Medication administration, give direction and support
CCA Qualifications, Knowledge, Education, and Skills:
• Completed a Continuing Care Assistant’s Program at a Level II facility.
• Embrace the Eden philosophy in alleviating the 3 plagues of loneliness, helplessness, and boredom.
• Physically and mentally suitable for employment.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills – verbal, oral and written.
• Demonstrate initiative in gerontology and self-growth in this field.
• Be excited about change & contribute to changing methods of care
• Demonstrate ability to be a team player.
• In addition, willingness to pick up additional hours is an asset and be flexible to work in all neighbourhoods.